Coriander is an herb that’s commonly used to flavor international dishes. It comes from the Coriandrum sativum plant and is related to parsley, carrots, and celery. In the United States, Coriandrum sativum seeds are called coriander, while its leaves are called cilantro.The plant is also known as Chinese parsley.
Import Iranian Coriander
- Country of origin: Iran
- Balssi herbs grow in temperate climates.
- Application: Coriander is earthy and peppery. Coriander is often used in Spanish, Mexican, Latin and Indian cuisine. It’s a common ingredient in spice rubs, marinades, chilis, sauces, soups and curries and works well with onions, bell peppers, tomatoes and potatoes.
- Dried Balssi herbs are flaked.
- Dried Balssi herbs are washed 3 times by the machine, and dried by the cold wind of the machine.
- Balssi is a company that produces dried herbs.
- This product includes an export certificate.
How to use
You can apply Balssi Dried Herbs in your dish directly or freshen them by soaking in lukewarm water for 45 mins. For liquid meals or stews, add the soaked dried herbs either at the beginning of cooking, or about 20 minutes before the end.
History of Coriander
Coriander is one of the oldest herbs and spices on record. Coriander was mentioned in the Bible, and the seeds have been found in ruins dating back to 5000 B.C. Its name comes from the Greek word koris, meaning a stink bug. This is likely a reference to the strong aroma given off by the cilantro plant leaves when they are bruised.
How to order
Talk to our sales experts via WhatsApp