Dried tomatoes are ripe tomatoes that lose most of their water content after spending a majority of their drying time in the heat machine. These tomatoes are usually pre-treated with sulfur dioxide or salt before being placed in the machine in order to improve colour and appearance.
Import Iranian Dried Tomatoes
- Country of origin: Iran
- Application: There are so many delicious ways to cook with dried tomatoes! I especially love adding them to salads, soups, pastas, pizzas, frittatas, sandwiches, biscuits, pestos and more.
Packaging in Iran
- Dried Balssi tomatoes are sliced.
- Dried Balssi tomatoes are washed 3 times by the machine, and dried by the hot wind of the machine.
- Balssi is a company that produces dried vegetables.
- This product includes an export certificate.
How to use
Dried tomatoes can be used in salads, pastas and countless other dishes where you desire a punch of intense tomato flavour. A nice idea is to chop them up and use as an extra topping for traditional Caprese salad (aka tomato mozzarella salad). The flavour of dried tomatoes is intense so don’t go overboard.
History of dried tomato
Perhaps the same is true for Australia. The very first sun-dried tomatoes were American after all – they were prepared by the Aztecs in around 700BC. Then, via the Spanish conquistadors, tomatoes made their way to Europe where they eventually became a staple of southern Italian cuisine.
How to order
Talk to our sales experts via WhatsApp